On the 5-Day Uganda Primates Safari, you explore Uganda's two major primates which include chimpanzees and Mountain gorillas. You will start off in Kibale National Park the primate capital of the world. This forested national park is located in western Uganda. It is home to 13 primates and other wildlife species including chimpanzees and many other mammals. There are habituated chimpanzee communities here and you will hike following one of them. You will have the normal chimpanzee trekking experience spending one hour in the presence of the chimpanzees. It is also possible to do the chimpanzee habituation experience where you will spend more time in the presence of the chimpanzees.
From here Visit Queen Elizabeth National Park for a savanna wildlife safari and a Kazinga channel boat cruise where you will see a number of birds. The park is among the most diverse protected areas in Uganda with mainly savanna wildlife and primates as well. You will have a game drive in the Ishasha sector where you will spot safari animals like elephants, the Topi, waterbucks, and if lucky the tree-climbing lions.
You will end the 5-Day Uganda Primates safari with a mountain gorilla trekking experience in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park where you will meet the mountain gorillas in their most preferred habitats. Bwindi Impenetrable National Park has the highest mountain gorilla population of all mountain gorilla national parks and it is therefore the best gorilla trekking destination.
This 5 Days Uganda Primates safari is the ultimate tour option for those interested in Uganda's leading primates. It is very ideal for adventure tourists and nature lovers and its among our best Uganda Safaris Discovery Journeys adventures.
- Day 1: Head to Kibale National Park & Nature Walk
- Day 2: Chimpanzee Tracking & Head to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Day 3: Game drive & Head to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Day 4: Mountain Gorilla Trekking & Community Visit
- Day 5: Departure
Full Tour Package
Day 1: Drive to Kibale National Park Nature Walk
Start your adventure heading to Kibale national park the primate capital of the World. Arrive in time for a lunch break and later go for a nature walk to the Bigodi Wetlands where you will see a number or birds and primates.
Day 2: Chimpanzee Tracking & Head to Queen Elizabeth National Park
After and early breakfast head to the park headquartered to catch up with briefing. You will them be guided to the forest where you will see chimpanzees and many other wildlife species especially birds and other primates. Return and be driven to Queen Elizabeth National Park for an evening boat cruise along the Kazinga channel.
Day 3: Wildlife Game Drive & Head to Bwindi Forest National Park
You will have this game drive in the southern sector of the park most famous for tree climbing lions. Other wildlife species present here include topi, elephants, waterbucks among others. You will have a lunch break and later proceed to Bwindi arriving in time for a rest ahead of the gorilla trek the next day.
Day 4: Gorilla Trekking In Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
This is the most anticipated day as you head out for gorilla tracking meeting these rare primates in their most preferred habitats. Stay in their presence for an hour and later return to your lodge. You can then visit the local community getting to know more about the people's ways of life.
Day 5: Departure
Have breakfast and depart Bwindi for Kampala/ Entebbe depending on schedule
End of tour.
Included | Excluded
- 1 mountain gorilla trekking permit per person
- 5 days using a well-modified safari van/land-cruiser
- Professional English / French speaking safari guide
- Private standard/mid-range/luxury accommodations on full board
- Return airport transfers (Pick up and drop off)
- Game drive safari in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- All Meals While on this trip
- International and domestic air ticket
- Items of personal nature/tips/laundry/telephone charges/ souvenir shopping
- Personal travel insurance
- Extra meals and activities
- Alcoholic and other soft drinks (Sodas, special juice order at the lodge and wines)
- PCR test